Today, I am going to post some random truths that I have found along the way. I hope you find encouragement, comfort, and even some conviction, if needed.
- “There is a difference between doubt and unbelief. Doubt is a matter of mind: we cannot understand what God is doing or why He is doing it. Unbelief is a matter of will: we refuse to believe God’s Word and obey what He tells us to do.” – Warren Wiersbe
- “I was learning something important: we are most vulnerable to the piercing winds of doubt when we distance ourselves from the mission and fellowship to which Christ has called us. Our night of discouragement will seem endless and our task impossible, unless we recognize that He stands in our midst.” – Joni Eareckson Tada
- “God is not hurried along in the time-stream of this universe any more than an author is hurried along in the imaginary time of his own novel. He has infinite attention to spare for each one of us. He doesn not have to deal with us in the mass. You are as much alone with Him as if you were the only being He had ever created. When Christ died, He died for you individually just as much as if you have been the only man in the world.” – C.S. Lewis
- “As sure as God puts his children in the furnace, he will be in the furnace with them.” – C.H. Spurgeon
- “God dwells in eternity, but time dwells in God. He has already lived all our tomorrows as he has lived all our yesterdays.” – A.W. Tozer
- “God’s all-sufficiency is a major. Your inablility is a minor. Major in majors, not in minors.” – Corrie ten Boom
- “Extraordinary afflictions are not always the punishment of extraordinary sins, but sometimes the trial of extraordinary graces. Sanctified afflictions are spiritual promotions.” – Matthew Henry
- There are seasons in the lives of all when it is not easy, no not even for Christians, to believe that God is faithful. Our faith is sorely tried, our eyes bedimmed with tears, and we can no longer trace the outworkings of His love. Our ears are distracted with the noises of the world, harassed by the atheistic whisperings of Satan, and we can no longer hear the sweet accents of His still small voice. Cherished plans have been thwarted, friends on whom we relied have failed us, a profest brother or sister in Christ has betrayed us. We are staggered. We sought to be faithful to God, and now a dark cloud hides Him from us. We find it difficult, yea, impossible, for carnal reason to harmonize His frowning providence with His gracious promises. Ah, faltering soul, severely-tried fellow-pilgrim, seek grace to heed # Isa 50:10, ‘Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of His servant, that walketh in darkness and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.’ When you are tempted to doubt the faithfulness of God, cry out, ‘Get thee hence, Satan.’ – The Attributes of God, Arthur W. Pink, Chapter 10, Faithfulness
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV